Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Week Five EOC - Exercise

At this stage in my life I’m contemplating the idea of becoming a public relations/brand strategist/marketing expert for design companies. It seems like an extremely broad category of professions but I think that by being able to combine all of them into one person/firm the brands will experience a greater level of satisfaction with the work. Eventually I feel like I would perhaps like to venture out on my own and open my firm specializing in all of these aspects for brands, but only after treading the water for a while in previously established firms.


As of now I feel that I have an extremely solid background in business that makes my plan very plausible. Between my finance degree from University of Utah and my pending degree in Fashion and Retail Management from the Art Institute I have the knowledge and experience in both sectors, fashion and business, in order to successfully sell myself to companies. My pending future studies in a graduate marketing program will also help to strengthen my resume and resolve to do what I need to do to make it.


There are definitely many other individuals who are trying to become PR peons as well, especially in the larger cities in the US. I think that one of my biggest obstacles will be getting my foot in the door at an established, reputable, firm in order to gain experience. I feel that once I am in I will be able to succeed due to my extremely focused work ethic and ability to gain the right contacts.